PE & Sport Premium Funding
The PE and sport premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
Most schools with primary-age pupils receive the PE and sport premium, schools receive money based on the number of pupils they have in years 1 - 6.
The Governing Body of Holgate Primary School have decided that this funding should be spent as follows:
- To subsidise extra-curricular sports activities.
- To support the cost of providing specialist PE and sports teachers to provide professional development for staff
- To work with pupils to overcome barriers to learning that may result from their deprivation.
- To have coaches to run competitions, and to increase pupils’ participation in competitions
- To buy into local sports networks